We all have our own unique digital identity. The social media platforms we use, the interest groups we’re involved in, and the information we share on the Internet all contribute to this identity. This provides businesses with plenty of opportunities to understand and engage with their customers better.
How can you leverage this information to benefit your business? Consider the following six trends in digital identity value creation.
- Collect Data. Any strategic plan should be based on accurate, insightful data. From demographic information to purchasing behaviors, there’s no limit to the valuable material that can be collected online. Analytics not only help you understand your target customer better, they help you learn the most effective ways of communicating with and servicing them.
- Build a Social Enterprise. A team from Edison Research found that 56 percent of Americans have a social networking profile. That's a lot of potential customers, but it isn’t enough for a company to simply have a presence on social media. You have to develop your own loyal social enterprise by knowing how to interact with your followers, attract new ones, and provide content that's valuable to them while still advancing your business objectives. Enhancing your social enterprise is one way to accomplish these goals.
- Understand Preferred Communication Methods. Based on target customers’ digital identities, what's the best way to interact with them? Do they prefer to receive emails or to get information from blogs? Is it wiser to invest in a website redesign or an SEO strategist? Gathering this information from digital resources can provide the answers that will help you improve employee and customer communication.
- Personalize. Every customer experiences a different journey when interacting with your company. Personalization is key to sales and customer retention. This can apply to everything from digital marketing to R&D. The information is out there, you just have to know where to find it.
- Form a Community. Just as in face-to-face situations, online communities are formed according to similar experiences and behaviors. Open source data platforms are just one way that customers can collaborate with one another, share their experiences, and learn from information that others have provided. Plus, monitoring these platforms offers useful feedback for identifying methods to deliver improved productivity.
- Forecast Trends. Taking a closer look at digital identities may help you identify opportunities for innovation. For instance, perhaps you'll notice unexpectedly similar behavior between many of your customers that will spark an idea for a product or service modification. Keeping a finger on the pulse of your customers' needs and desires will help you stay ahead of key trends in your industry.
There are many tools and technologies that can provide a simplified learning process and help you gather information about digital identities. By understanding how to leverage these key trends and leveraging one platform for business needs, you're one step closer to achieving measurable growth for your organization
To learn more about how your company can facilitate a digital transformation, visit visiontreeventures.com.